The beautifully restored Lyric Theatre stands proudly with over 100 years of history and is hard at work creating a new century of stories after its grand reopening in February 2016. Set in the heart of Birmingham, Alabama, this once-Vaudeville theatre is the beloved home to concerts, symphonies, operas and theatre productions as well as many community events.
No weapons of any kind are allowed in the Lyric Theatre.
All guests will be scanned with metal detectors and bags will be checked before entry to the building.
What is the Lyric Theatre doing to minimize health risks?
In addition to our standard procedures, the Lyric Theatre has implemented these updates:
- Additional cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces such as countertops, handrails, doorknobs, and armrests.
- Transition to disinfectant cleaning supplies in order to provide a more germ-free environment.
- Installation of hand washing reminder signs throughout the theatre.
How can I best ensure my safety and that of others in the Lyric Theatre?
To further minimize risks for everyone, we ask that you please be mindful of the following:
- Do not attend a performance or event if you are not feeling well and/or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette by coughing and sneezing into your elbow.
- Wash your hands often, for at least twenty seconds, using soap. Use hand sanitizer when you are not able to wash your hands.
Montgomery / Hoover
Take I-65 North to exit 260-B. Follow 3rd Avenue North. The Alabama Theatre is located on 3rd Avenue North between 18th Street and 19th Street.
Huntsville / Gardendale
Take I-65 South to exit 260. Turn left at 4th traffic signal. Follow 3rd Avenue North. The Alabama Theatre is located on 3rd Avenue North between 18th Street and 19th Street.
Tuscaloosa / Bessemer
Take I-59/20 North/East. Exit on 17th Street North to 3rd Avenue North. Turn left onto 3rd Avenue North. Turn right onto 19th Street North. McWane Science Center will be on your right at the corner of 19th Street North and 2nd Avenue North.
Chattanooga / Gadsden
Take I-59/20 South/West to exit 125-B. Turn left. Follow 22nd Street North to 2nd Avenue North. Turn right, McWane Science Center is located at the corner of 2nd Avenue North and 19th Street North.
Auburn / Inverness
Take Hwy 31/280 to the 2nd Ave. North exit. Follow 2nd Ave. North. McWane Science Center is located at the corner of 2nd Avenue North and 19th Street North.
Click the red button to the right to view an interactive map of area parking lots.